As promised here is a list of the 2018 New Releases I am most excited about. I tried to keep it at 10. .. what can I say?! 2018 is going to be great. I stuck around the Young Adult/Fantasy genre. That is what I’m looking forward to. I realize I need to branch out a little bit so I have other genre recommendations on here. If you have some that are outside my wheelhouse, please share! I would love to give them a try!
I’m going to put these in the order that they will be released! The first one will be released in only a few days!!
- If you have been following my blog for awhile you might remember a post called, The Valiant by Lesley Livingston. It is about a female gladiator. I really loved the story and I am so excited to continue with The Defiant.
The darling of the Roman Empire is in for the fight of her life.
Be brave, gladiatrix… And be wary. Once you win Caesar’s love, you’ll earn his enemies’ hate.
Fallon was warned.
Now she is about to pay the price for winning the love of the Roman people as Caesar’s victorious gladiatrix.
In this highly anticipated sequel to THE VALIANT, Fallon and her warrior sisters find themselves thrust into a vicious conflict with a rival gladiator academy, one that will threaten not only Fallon’s heart – and her love for Roman soldier Cai – but the very heart of the ancient Roman Empire.
When dark treachery and vicious power struggles threaten her hard-won freedom, the only thing that might help the girl known as Victrix save herself and her sisters is a tribe of long-forgotten mythic Amazon warriors.
The only trouble is, they might just kill her themselves first.
Release Date: January 23, 2018
2. Any other lovers of Jojo Moyes? We read “Me Before You” for book club and I really loved it! Then the movie came out and I really liked it as well. Pretty good for a book to movie adaption! Then the sequel was called “After You” and sadly I have not read this yet, BUT the third book “Still Me” comes out this month and both are going on my TBR list!
Louisa Clark arrives in New York ready to start a new life, confident that she can embrace this new adventure and keep her relationship with Ambulance Sam alive across several thousand miles. She is thrown into the world of the superrich Gopniks: Leonard and his much younger second wife, Agnes, and a never-ending array of household staff and hangers-on. Lou is determined to get the most out of the experience and throws herself into her job and New York life within this privileged world.
Before she knows what’s happening, Lou is mixing in New York high society, where she meets Joshua Ryan, a man who brings with him a whisper of her past. In Still Me, as Lou tries to keep the two sides of her world together, she finds herself carrying secrets–not all her own–that cause a catastrophic change in her circumstances. And when matters come to a head, she has to ask herself Who is Louisa Clark? And how do you reconcile a heart that lives in two places?
Release Date: January 30, 2018
3. One of my all time favorite romance authors is LISA KLEYPAS! I love when she has a new book coming out. I wish I would have taken my time with her books because I had a summer that I read every single one. .. and she has a lot. *insert embarrassed laugh* The 4th book will be coming out in February and I can’t wait!
A woman who defies her time
Dr. Garrett Gibson, the only female physician in England, is as daring and independent as any man—why not take her pleasures like one? Yet she has never been tempted to embark on an affair, until now. Ethan Ransom, a former detective for Scotland Yard, is as gallant as he is secretive, a rumored assassin whose true loyalties are a mystery. For one exhilarating night, they give in to their potent attraction before becoming strangers again.
A man who breaks every rule
As a Ravenel by-blow spurned by his father, Ethan has little interest in polite society, yet he is captivated by the bold and beautiful Garrett. Despite their vow to resist each other after that sublime night, she is soon drawn into his most dangerous assignment yet. When the mission goes wrong, it will take all of Garrett’s skill and courage to save him. As they face the menace of a treacherous government plot, Ethan is willing to take any risk for the love of the most extraordinary woman he’s ever known.
Release Date: February 27, 2018
4. One of my all time favorite reads last year was Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller. The sequel Daughter of the Siren Queen comes out in February and I am actually going to the launch party event in Prove, Utah. My all time favorite local bookstore The King’s English Bookshop is hosting the event and I am SO excited!
Alosa’s mission is finally complete. Not only has she recovered all three pieces of the map to a legendary hidden treasure, but the pirates who originally took her captive are now prisoners on her ship. Still unfairly attractive and unexpectedly loyal, first mate Riden is a constant distraction, but now he’s under her orders. And she takes great comfort in knowing that the villainous Vordan will soon be facing her father’s justice.
When Vordan exposes a secret her father has kept for years, Alosa and her crew find themselves in a deadly race with the feared Pirate King. Despite the danger, Alosa knows they will recover the treasure first . . . after all, she is the daughter of the Siren Queen.
Release Date: February 27, 2018
5. The next on the list is one that is continuing a series that I thought was over. I am so excited that the story is going to keep going! I have a few friends that I had to immediately text when I saw this book was coming out. If you are familiar with the Shatter Me series then you know what I am talking about! I believe there are 3 novels and then 2 novellas, and now this beauty!
Juliette Ferrars thought she’d won. She took over Sector 45, was named the new Supreme Commander, and now has Warner by her side. But she’s still the girl with the ability to kill with a single touch—and now she’s got the whole world in the palm of her hand. When tragedy hits, who will she become? Will she be able to control the power she wields and use it for good?
Release Date: March 6, 2018
6. All of you that know me know that I am a Sarah J. Maas fan. I adore her books and her writing style. The 4th book to the A Court of Thorns and Roses “trilogy” is titled, The Court of Frost and Starlight. Since it is a trilogy these next books are novellas BUT if I know my girl SJM then these “novellas” are going to be full on BOOKS. Yep. This book they are saying is book 3.1. .. It is also the best birthday gift ever to have it come out on.. well.. my birthday! There is still not a cover but I am looking forward to its reveal soon.
Narrated by Feyre and Rhysand, this story bridges the events in A Court of Wings and Ruin and the upcoming spinoff novels.
Feyre, Rhys, and their close-knit circle of friends are still busy rebuilding the Night Court and the vastly-changed world beyond. But Winter Solstice is finally near, and with it, a hard-earned reprieve. Yet even the festive atmosphere can’t keep the shadows of the past from looming. As Feyre navigates her first Winter Solstice as High Lady, she finds that those dearest to her have more wounds than she anticipated—scars that will have far-reaching impact on the future of their Court.
Release Date: May 1st, 2018
7. I recently read Caraval by Stephanie Garber. I loved the story! I am also terrible at making sure a book is or isn’t going to be a series before I read it. I was miserable when it ended. The sequel Legendary is one I am very much looking forward to.
A heart to protect. A debt to repay. A game to win.
After being swept up in the magical world of Caraval, Donatella Dragna has finally escaped her father and saved her sister Scarlett from a disastrous arranged marriage. The girls should be celebrating, but Tella isn’t yet free. She made a desperate bargain with a mysterious criminal, and what Tella owes him no one has ever been able to deliver: Caraval Master Legend’s true name.
The only chance of uncovering Legend’s identity is to win Caraval, so Tella throws herself into the legendary competition once more—and into the path of the murderous heir to the throne, a doomed love story, and a web of secrets…including her sister’s. Caraval has always demanded bravery, cunning, and sacrifice. But now the game is asking for more. If Tella can’t fulfill her bargain and deliver Legend’s name, she’ll lose everything she cares about—maybe even her life. But if she wins, Legend and Caraval will be destroyed forever.
Welcome, welcome to Caraval…the games have only just begun.
Release Date: May 29, 2018
8. I bought My Lady Jane impulsively because I loved the cover. I thought it sounded so intriguing with the historical fiction mixed with this magical twist. The humor was right up my alley and even though My Plain Jane is not a sequel (it is its own completely different story but part of a series called The Lady Janies) I am really looking forward to this one!
You may think you know the story. After a miserable childhood, penniless orphan Jane Eyre embarks on a new life as a governess at Thornfield Hall. There, she meets one dark, brooding Mr. Rochester. Despite their significant age gap (!) and his uneven temper (!!), they fall in love—and, Reader, she marries him. (!!!)
Or does she?
Prepare for an adventure of Gothic proportions, in which all is not as it seems, a certain gentleman is hiding more than skeletons in his closets, and one orphan Jane Eyre, aspiring author Charlotte Brontë, and supernatural investigator Alexander Blackwood are about to be drawn together on the most epic ghost hunt this side of Wuthering Heights.
Release Date: June 26, 2018
9. The next book that I am super excited about is the next book in the DC Icon series. First there was Wonder Woman by Leigh Bardugo. Who is completely awesome. I love her books. Check out the Six of Crows Duology and her Shadow and Bone series. Next was Batman by Marie Lu. Who is the author of The Young Elite series and Warcross. Now my favorite Sarah J Maas has written Catwoman.
When the Bat’s away, the Cat will play. It’s time to see how many lives this cat really has. . . .
Two years after escaping Gotham City’s slums, Selina Kyle returns as the mysterious and wealthy Holly Vanderhees. She quickly discovers that with Batman off on a vital mission, Batwing is left to hold back the tide of notorious criminals. Gotham City is ripe for the taking.
Meanwhile, Luke Fox wants to prove he has what it takes to help people in his role as Batwing. He targets a new thief on the prowl who seems cleverer than most. She has teamed up with Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, and together they are wreaking havoc. This Catwoman may be Batwing’s undoing.
Release Date: August 7, 2018
10. I just finished writing reviews for Mary E. Pearson’s The Remnant Chronicles. Kiss of Deception, The Heart of Betrayal and Beauty of Darkness all of which I loved. I was super happy to read that she has new series coming out called Dance of Thieves.
A new novel in the New York Times–bestselling Remnant Chronicles universe, in which a reformed thief and the young leader of an outlaw dynasty lock wits in a battle that may cost them their lives—and their hearts.
When the patriarch of the Ballenger empire dies, his son, Jase, becomes its new leader. Even nearby kingdoms bow to the strength of this outlaw family, who have always governed by their own rules. But a new era looms on the horizon, set in motion by a young queen, which makes her the target of the dynasty’s resentment and anger.
At the same time, Kazi, a legendary former street thief, is sent by the queen to investigate transgressions against the new settlements. When Kazi arrives in the forbidding land of the Ballengers, she learns that there is more to Jase than she thought. As unexpected events spiral out of their control, bringing them intimately together, they continue to play a cat and mouse game of false moves and motives in order to fulfill their own secret missions.
Release Date: August 7, 2018
11. My next favorite romance author is Julia Quinn. When I first stumbled upon her novels I actually thought she WAS Lisa Kleypas. Their writing style is so similar and they even borrow each others characters which I thought was so much fun. She is coming out with a new Bridgerton novel! I love the Bridgerton books! This is the story of Poppy Bridgerton as part of the Rokesby’s series.
She was in the wrong place…
Fiercely independent and adventurous, Poppy Bridgerton will only wed a suitor whose keen intellect and interests match her own. Sadly, none of the fools from her London season qualify. While visiting a friend on the Dorset coast, Poppy is pleasantly surprised to discover a smugglers’ hideaway tucked inside a cave. But her delight turns to dismay when two pirates kidnap her and take her aboard a ship, leaving her bound and gagged on the captain’s bed…
He found her at the wrong time…
Known to society as a rascal and reckless privateer, Captain Andrew James Rokesby actually transports essential goods and documents for the British government. Setting sail on a time-sensitive voyage to Portugal, he’s stunned to find a woman waiting for him in his cabin. Surely, his imagination is getting the better of him. But no, she is very real—and his duty to the Crown means he’s stuck with her.
Can two wrongs make the most perfect right?
When Andrew learns that she is a Bridgerton, he knows he will likely have to wed her to avert a scandal—though Poppy has no idea that he is the son of an earl and neighbor to her aristocratic cousins in Kent. On the high seas, their war of words soon gives way to an intoxicating passion. But when Andrew’s secret is revealed, will his declaration of love be enough to capture her heart…?
Release Date: August 18, 2018
12. The last and final book in Sarah J Maas’ Throne of Glass series is coming out! This has been a very long wait for me. I came into this series at book 2 and have been waiting patiently each year for the next book. There are books 1-5. A book of short novellas called the Assassins Blade and Choal’s novella, Tower of Dawn, which it’s events take place at the same time as book 5. I am very excited and sad that the last book is due to come out this fall. There is no cover reveal yet.. or title. I think because they are focused on the release of her other series in May.
Release Date: October 30, 2018
I hope this got you excited for some new books! Of course there really are so many its hard to choose! I’m sure there are so many that I missed. I didn’t put it on here because I haven’t read the first two but the last book in Cassandra Claire’s Dark Artifices series comes out in December. Maybe I will have the first two read by then? .. *sigh* My goodreads is full of “I want to read” books. I have a feeling this year is going to be epic! Thanks for reading friends and I hope you all have a magical weekend!